Thermal Edge products are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship, materials and components. The warranty period applies from date of shipment for one year.
The above warranty applies when the equipment is operated under the following conditions:
- Ambient temperature not in excess of performance rating in normal atmosphere or as stated on product nameplate
- Voltage variation no greater than ± 10% from nameplate rating
- Frequency variation no greater than ± 3Hz from nameplate rating
- Maximum cooling load no higher than air conditioner nameplate rating
- Waiting five minutes before restarting air conditioner after intentional or accidental shutoff
- Compliance to all other installation, maintenance and operating instructions, as supplied
Thermal Edge cannot assume responsibility for misapplication of its products or the erroneous selection of an inappropriate product by a non-authorized Thermal Edge representative. Our applications engineers will gladly assist in the selection of the proper product provided all required details of the application are furnished.
Thermal Edge assumes no liability beyond the repair or replacement of its own product. This Warranty does not cover:
- Labor or reimbursement of labor for evaluation, removal, installation, repair, or cost of any warranted part, except at the Thermal Edge factory in Dallas, Texas
- Use of equipment for other than its designed purpose or operating conditions
- Operation in harsh, oily, corrosive or other abnormal environmental conditions, without the proper filtration, sealing, protective coatings and/or weather protection
- Damage to hermetic system resulting from continuous operation with dirty or clogged air filters or improper or negligent maintenance
- Use of refrigerant other than designated
- Customer modification or abuse
- Shipping damage or other accident
- Repair or service by unauthorized personnel.
Cracked or broken hermetic tubing or brazed joints caused by shipping damage or mishandling are not covered under the Warranty. Claims for shipping damage are the responsibility of the Consignee. Timely claims must be filed with the freight carrier.
The purchaser assumes the responsibility of grounding the unit and installing it in accordance with local electrical and safety codes, as well as the 2008 National Electric Code (NEC) and OSHA.
THIS WARRANTY CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IN NO EVENT IS THERMAL EDGE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER