Thermal Edge products are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship, materials and components. The warranty period applies from date of shipment for five years. Replacement components have a one year warranty period, except for hermetic system components, which have a 90 day warranty period.
The above warranty applies when the equipment is operated under the following conditions:
- Ambient temperature not in excess of performance rating in normal atmosphere or as stated on product nameplate
- Voltage variation within limits stated in User & Technical Manual
- Frequency variation no greater than ± 3Hz from nameplate rating
- Maximum cooling load no higher than air conditioner nameplate rating
- Waiting five minutes before restarting air conditioner after intentional or accidental shutoff
- Compliance to all other installation, maintenance and operating instructions, as supplied
Thermal Edge cannot assume responsibility for misapplication of its products or the erroneous selection of an inappropriate product by a non-authorized Thermal Edge representative. Our applications engineers will gladly assist in the selection of the proper product provided all required details of the application are furnished.
Thermal Edge assumes no liability beyond the repair or replacement of its own product. This Warranty does not cover:
- Labor or reimbursement of labor for evaluation, removal, installation, repair, or cost of any warranted part, except at the Thermal Edge factory in Dallas, Texas
- Use of equipment for other than its designed purpose or operating conditions
- Operation in harsh, oily, corrosive or other abnormal environmental conditions, without the proper filtration, sealing, protective coatings and/or weather protection, or cosmetic corrosion that does not affect operation
- Damage to hermetic system resulting from continuous operation with dirty or clogged air filters or improper or negligent maintenance
- Use of refrigerant other than designated
- Customer modification or abuse
- Shipping damage or other accident
- Repair or service by unauthorized personnel.
Thermal Edge must be notified of a claim in writing not later than fourteen (14) days from the date when buyer has become aware of such occurrence, or immediately, when the defect is such that it may cause damage.
If air conditioner is to be shipped or transported at any time, it is best to pack in original packaging and strap to pallet to prevent damage. Air conditioner must be kept upright at all times. Air conditioners that have internal damage due to shipping are not covered under the Warranty. Claims for shipping damage are the responsibility of the Consignee. Damage must be noted on Bill of Lading at time of receipt. Timely claims must be filed with the freight carrier.
The purchaser assumes the responsibility of grounding the unit and installing it in accordance with local electrical and safety codes, as well as the 2008 National Electric Code (NEC) and OSHA.
THIS WARRANTY CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IN NO EVENT IS THERMAL EDGE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER.
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Procedure
All returns require a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number for warranty or non-warranty repair, rotation of stock, damage or any other reason.
Returns without an RMA number will be refused and returned. Improper packaging may void warranty. Air Conditioners shipped laying down will void the warranty. Collect shipments will be refused. Returns received after 60 days will be refused and RMA will be canceled.
Please be ready to provide:
- Purchase Order Number & Date
- Product Description & Reason for Request
- Model Number & Serial Number
- Customer name and contact info (email, phone number and address)
- Shipping method
Pack unit in a suitable packing for shipment, preferably the original packaging if available.
- Air Conditioners must be returned in an upright position properly secured to a pallet.
- Tip unit to empty water from the evaporator and boil off pans.
- Clearly mark the RMA number on the box.
- Customer will pay all freight charges.
Out of Warranty Repair
If your Thermal Edge air conditioner is out of warranty and requires repair, simply call Thermal Edge Customer Service at (888) 580-0202 for an RMA number. Customer Service will help you determine what repairs or parts are needed and, if possible, an estimate of the cost.
After the unit is received and diagnosed, you will receive a cost estimate on the work and parts needed. The repairs and test process may uncover other issues of which you will be informed and given quotes for the work needed.