Controller Brochure and Instructions
Digital, programmable controller
NEW Digital Controller
- Fully programmable
- Built in alarms and alerts
- Will operate heating & cooling
- Standard on every unit
- Ethernet system available
Digital Temperature Controller
The microprocessor-based digital temperature controller performs the functions of controlling the enclosure temperature while monitoring operating limits and refrigerant pressures. Temnperature and alarm status are indicated on the front panel. It also records the maximum and minimum temperature limits within the enclosure.
The controller includes a compressor anti short-cycle time delay for compressor protection. A bypass time delay prevents nuisance trip outs caused by cold weather start ups and transient high temperature limits.
If any of the critical control parameters exceed limits, the compressor is turned off, an alarm condition is indicated on the front panel. If the preset temperature limits are exceeded, the compressor continues to operate but thereis a temperature limit alarm.
The temperature set point, which is the lower limit of regulation, can be adjusted within specified limits. The temperature turn-on point is set-point plus differential.
NOTE: In high ambient operation (above 115°F) the turn-on temperature should not exceed 100°F/38°C, due to the need for compressor cooling.
The High Temperature alarm can be adjusted to suit customer needs within specified limits.
The regulation is performed according to the temperature measured by the thermostat probe with a positive differential from the setpoint. If the temeprature increases and reaches setpoint plus differential, the compressor is started and then turned off when the temperature reaches the set point value again.
In case of fault in the thermostat probe, the start and stop of the compressor are timed through preset parameters.
Functions and Parameters
Temperature Controller Set Points
|Function||Operation||Parameter||Operating Range||Factory Set Point|
|Temperature Units||Select Units||F||°F||°F|
|*Cooling Differential||Control hysteresis||Hy||1 to 45°F||5°F|
|*Compressor Protection||Anti-short cycle||AC||5 to 45 minutes||5 minutes|
|*Cooling Set Point||Set cooling relay||SET||45 to 100°F||95°F|
|*Max Alarm Temperature||Panel indicator||ALU||Setpoint to 230°F||105°F|
|Min Alarm Temperature||Panel indicator||ALL||45° to 100°F||45°F|
|HI/LO Ref Press||Pressure switch||CA||NC switch||Fixed|
How to see the setpoint
- Press and immediately release the SET key. The display will show the setpoint value.
- Press and immediately release the SET key or wait for 5 seconds to display the probe value again.
How to change the setpoint
- Press the SET key for more than 2 seconds to change the setpoint value;
- The value of the setpoint will be displayed and the "F" LED starts blinking;
- To change the SET value, press the UP or DOWN arrow key within 10 seconds.
- To store the new setpoint value, press the SET key again or wait 10 seconds.
How to change a parameter value
To change the parameter's value, operate as follows:
- Enter the Programming mode by pressing the SET + DOWN arrow keys for 3 seconds. The "F" LED starts blinking.
- Select the required parameter by pressing the UP or DOWN arrow key. Press the SET key to display its value.
- Use the UP or DOWN arrow key to change its value.
- Press SET to store the new value and move to the following parameter.
To exit: Press SET + UP arrow keys or wait 15 seconds without pressing a key
NOTE: the set value is stored even when the procedure is exited by waiting for the time-out to expire.
How to lock the keyboard
- Press and hold the UP and DOWN arrow keys simultaneously for more than 3 seconds.
- The POF message will be displayed and the keyboard will be locked.
At this point, it will be possible only to see the set point or the MAX or MIN temperature stored.
- If a key is pressed more than 3 seconds the POF message will be displayed.
How to unlock the keyboard
Press and hold the UP and DOWN arrow keys simultaneously for more than 3 seconds until the Pon message is displayed.
Maximum and Minimum Temperature
How to see the minimum temperature
- Press and release the DOWN arrow key.
- The Lo message will be displayed followed by the minimum temperature recorded.
- By pressing the DOWN arrow key again or waiting 5 seconds, the normal display will be restored.
How to see the maximum temperature
- Press and release the UP arrow key.
- The Hi message will be displayed followed by the maximum temperature recorded.
- By pressing the UP arrow key again or waiting 5 seconds, the normal display will be restored.
How to reset the max and min temperature recorded
- Press and hold the SET key for more than 3 seconds, while the maximum and minimum temperature is displayed. (rSt message will be displayed)
- To confirm the operation, the rSt message will blink and the normal temperature will be displayed.